Saturday, September 17, 2016

September 15, 2016

hi. i just wanted to send u a picture of me and my new little friend hugo. he is a french bulldog mini. i call him high powered howard because he thinks hes the biggest baddest dog of all time . serious napolian complex as they say. but he loves me to pieces and we are fast friends.

i really believe stongly in this dog program because it also acts as a form of pet therapy. prison is full of broken people bust most of in here never talk about it. we all want to apear as tho we have it altogether. to talk about it shows weakness, or at least thats what we all think.

the dogs help me to excercise compassion. i say excercise because ive come to see it as a muscle tha if we dont excercise it we become bad at it. this is a real threat in prison where we become desensatized to violence and such and compassion or affection is very rare.

the dogs give each of us a fresh start, a clean slate. they dont judge us for our past, and i do believe they have a keen sense to detect the b.s. too. i have a need for friendship, companionship, trust and loyalty. ive used all the wrong strategies in the past maybe to meet thiese needs, but these dogs meet this for me and i never have to worry about them stabbing me in the back. they r just genuinely happy to see me.

my prison life has sucked for me yrs, but these dogs are one of the best things to have happened to me .
just wanted to share this with u and intro u to huge
kurtis


No comments:

Post a Comment